To prevent fires and accidents with gas appliances such as gas range (konro) and gas water heater, please pay attention to the following (1) to (5).
(1) When using the gas range, do not leave its side. Always extinguish the fire when you leave there. In particular, be careful not to overheat cooking oil.
(2) Do not place flammable objects around the gas range.
(3) When using a gas appliance, open a window or use a ventilation fan to exchange the air sufficiently.
(4) If you notice a gas leak, turn off the main gas valve and open the window. At that time, do not touch light switches, outlet plugs or ventilation fans. If touched, static electricity may cause sparks, which may cause an explosion.
(5) When buying a gas appliance, select one with a safety device. Have a fire extinguisher ready.
For details: Fire Prevention Office, Fire Department Headquarters (Shobo Honbu Yobo-shitsu)
TEL: 072-724-9995 FAX: 072-724-3999