Students who may be unable to go to high school or technical college due to their guardians’ financial problems have a scholarship or loan available from Minoh City. Those who wish may apply.
◆Types of scholarships
(1) Grant-type scholarship (do not need to be returned after graduation)
Amount (available money): Fifty thousand yen per year
Limit: About 500 students (chosen by drawing, if application received beyond the limit)
(2) Student loan (need to return after graduation)
Scholarship loan amount (money you can borrow): Up to one hundred and fifty thousand yen for Public high schools etc. per year, up to three hundred thousand yen for private high schools etc. per year
Limit: About 20 public high school students, about 20 private high school students
- High school or technical college students and
- their guardians are Minoh residents and
- their guardians are (1) those exempted from the resident tax for FY2020 (except those receiving welfare benefits). (2) persons whose income in FY2019 is 1.5 or less times the welfare standard.
◆Application Forms and Guide
You can get (1) from Wed., Apr. 1 to Mon., Dec. 7., and (2) from Wed., Apr.,1 to Wed., Apr. 15. They are available at the School Life Support Division, Toyokawa Branch and Todoromi Branch. They can be downloaded from the Minoh City website as well.
Application forms and guide for (1):
Application forms and guide for (2):
◆How to apply
(1) fill out application form and take it to the School Life Support Division or send it by registered mail. (2) fill out application form and take it to the School Life Support Division. You can’t apply by mail.
※ Neither (1) nor (2) are accepted at branch offices.
For further information, please contact the School Life Support Division. If you require communication assistance, please contact MAFGA.
For details: School Life Support Division (Gakko Seikatsu Shien-shitsu)
TEL: 072-724-6760 FAX: 072-724-6010